Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Seals, 1939



Christmas Seals used to be put out by the American Lung Association. They were the group primarily pointed towards fighting lung cancer. They've now been overshadowed by breast cancer, prostate cancer and colon cancer. Lung cancer still kills more people than any of those three tho. Everyone has to die of something, but if you're going to be irritating about it, I'd prefer a Christmas Seal to a ribbon that makes me roll my eyes so hard they threaten to fall out of their sockets. This '39 Seal is way cooler than the crappy drawings by kids that I remember from my childhood.

2 comments:

  1. American Lung Association still puts out Christmas Seals every year. And I liked those crappy kid drawings ones we had when I was a kid. But this one is certainly a lot nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose it's also worth mentioning that the Fleischers ended their 1936 Color Classic "Christmas Comes But Once A Year" with a plug for that year's Christmas Seals program and a shot of the art deco-ish stamp used for the '36 campaign.

    ReplyDelete